As followers of Jesus, we are fed in faith by word and sacrament, sent out to feed our neighbors in need. 9 metro area churches are collaborating efforts to create an amazing experience on Sunday, May 27. All ages are encouraged to be part of this wonderful day. NOTE: Bethlehem will have worship services at 8:00 am and 7:00 pm ONLY because we don’t want anyone to miss out on this exciting opportunity to BE the church “all together in one place.” - Acts 2:1
Here is how YOU can participate:
1) Worship with an anticipated congregation of 3,000 people at Central Lutheran Church, downtown Minneapolis, on Sunday, May 27, 10:00 am.
2) Bring food donations on Sunday, May 27 to help fill a semi for CES.
3) Bake a loaf of bread and bring to worship on May 27. You will receive a card to be attached to your loaf and then will give the bread to a neighbor, co-worker or friend in need of a gift of grace.
4) Gather a small group or your family together before May 27 to make sandwiches (specific sandwich making instructions are attached ).
5) Advocate by arriving before or staying after worship to write letters and learn how to have an impact on the lives of neighbors in need through organizations like A Minnesota Without Poverty, Downtown Congregations to End Homelessness, Lutheran World Relief, St. Stephens Human Resources, Bread for the World, Community Emergency Services.
Free parking in the Central Lutheran Church ramp. Spirit Garage Band on the Plaza.
|Instructions for Making Sandwiches for Fed in the City Event.pdf||334.52 KB|