It’s March Food Drive time! Please bring a bag of non-perishable groceries to either campus this month and help us #squashhunger!
Did you know that 1 in 10 families in Minnesota worry about where they will get their next meal? Three out of four public school teachers say they regularly see students come to school hungry. Bethlehem accepts food shelf donations throughout the year to address this problem.
Located just 4 miles from Bethlehem’s Minneapolis Campus, Community Emergency Service (CES), www.cesmn.org, served over 70,000 client visits last year, giving away half a million pounds of food. The need continues: over 3,500 children are served by food shelves in Minnesota every day.
ICA, the local food shelf for Bethlehem’s Minnetonka Campus, has set a goal of raising $150,000 and 150,000 pounds of food this year. To support this goal, you are encouraged to make non-perishable food and financial donations. In 2016 Bethlehem’s Minnetonka campus donated 874 pounds of food and $2,610.00.
You can Help!
- Bring non-perishable groceries to either campus. Canned or boxed items are best. Please avoid glass containers and please check expiration dates on food items.
– Minneapolis campus: place in the grocery carts in the hallway
– Minnetonka campus: place in the ICA basket or cart behind the Welcome desk
- Make a check out to “Bethlehem Lutheran Church Twin Cities,” note “CES” or “ICA” on the memo line and place in the offering plate.
- Pray for the work of CES and ICA and those who are served
Thank you for doing what you can to help our neighbors in need!