Habitat for Humanity Build
About This Event
Help rehab a home in New Hope with Habitat for Humanity. Join us July 19-23 and August 9-13. Registration required prior to build day.
July 19, 2021 @ 8:30 am - July 23, 2021 @ 3:30 pm
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity. We are excited to have you share your time and talents with our community!
Dates: July 19-23 and August 9-13
NEW Time: 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Volunteers are asked to show up on time and stay the entire work-day (for production and safety purposes, split shifts are not allowed)
NEW Number of volunteers: 6-8 per day
Location:8720 47th Ave N, New Hope
- We are requiring (and providing) PPE. Masks will be required at all times and work gloves will be required in certain circumstances. We ask volunteers to bring their own mask, but we’ll provide masks for those who don’t bring them.
- Bring work gloves if you wish to use them during the build. All sites will have them available for use.
- We will have handwashing stations (even on sites without running water) for frequent use throughout the day.
- Volunteers will be asked to limit sharing tools when possible.
- Volunteers must wear a sturdy, closed toe, closed heel shoe to participate (tennis shoes or work boots work great).
- Please bring a few filled water bottles, we will have single use plastic water bottles on site.
- Lunch is not provided by Habitat. If your group is not providing lunch, please bring your own. Volunteers are discouraged from leaving the site for lunch.
- We are asking that groups either bring their own lunch or order prepackaged (boxed) lunches. If you need help finding a local restaurant to order from please let us know.
- Youth under the age of 16 are not allowed on-site. If you will have any 16 or 17-year-olds on site, they must be accompanied by an adult 21 or older.
Important Parking Instructions: Help us be friendly neighbors when you’re parking for your volunteer day. Please find an open parking spot on the street without blocking neighborhood mailboxes. If the mail carrier cannot easily drive directly up to the mailbox and have room to leave, mail will not be delivered.
Online Registration and Waiver Instructions
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity. We are excited to have you share your time and talents with our community! Please watch our Covid-19 Safety Video if you did not volunteer in 2020 and fill out our online waiver using the link below. Each volunteer is required to provide emergency contact information and to fill out our liability waiver. Please make sure to complete this task before your volunteer day.
To sign up, visit http://bethlehemlutheran.tchabitat.volunteerhub.com/ and follow these steps:
- Watch our Covid-19 Safety video if you didn’t volunteer in 2020
- Sign in or Create an account
- If you are an Existing User, click “sign in” in the upper right-hand corner and then log in to your account
- If you are a new user you will need to make an account
- Click “Create an Account” in the upper right-hand corner to create a new profile
- Choose a username and password
- Leave the Join Code field blank
- Fill out the required information, including your emergency contact
- Sign Up
- Find the opportunity on the date you are available and choose “sign up”. You will then be prompted to sign the volunteer liability waiver.
- You will receive an email confirming that you have registered for the event. This email will have specific instructions and volunteer guidelines for the day. You will also receive a reminder email shortly before your volunteer day.