Bethlehem Foundation Grants
Grants That Advance Our Mission
The Bethlehem Foundation’s mission is to gather, invest and distribute financial resources to further the mission and values of Bethlehem Lutheran Church Twin Cities. That means grants are given that accomplish one or more of the following:
- Helps nourish personal relationships with God and each other
- Helps people provide for and obtain needs, such as housing, shelter, food, healthcare, and education
- Helps us collaborate with and strengthen Twin Cities congregations and service organizations
- Helps individuals with leadership, faith development, prayer life, and increased understanding of God’s work
The Foundation considers grants in five categories:
- Bethlehem Lutheran Church Twin Cities Staff Development
- Church buildings and equipment
- Church programs and projects (with church Council approval)
- Financial support for seminary students (tuition and internships approved by a pastor)
- Outreach to projects and organizations outside of Bethlehem whose grant requests are sponsored by church members.
- Organizations unaffiliated with Bethlehem must have tax-exempt status (501c3) if not a church
- Grants must show evidence of need and other sources of funding available.
- Funds are awarded for non-recurring costs or expenses only.
- Generally, grants are awarded to support Lutheran ministries and/or Twin Cities entities.
- With occasional exceptions, grantees will not be considered for additional grants for 2-3 years (except for seminary students).
The Board of Directors of the Bethlehem Lutheran Church Foundation meets four times each year. All applications are due by January 1, April 1, July 1, or October 1 to be included for consideration at the regularly scheduled quarterly meetings. Following the board meeting, letters are sent to all grant requesters. Recipients are required to use funds for the stated purpose, with unused funds returned to the Foundation. The grants committee will follow up with all recipients to learn the outcome of projects.
For more information:
- Email us
- Call the church office at 612.312.3400