Bethlehem Foundation Grants Available!
The Bethlehem Foundation is asking for grant requests from the members of the congregation to assist small organizations that have been adversely affected by the Covid-19 virus. Up to 10 grants are available for not more than $2500 each.
To apply just answer the following questions and send your response to [email protected] with the word GRANT in the subject line, or mail to Bethlehem Foundation, 4100 Lyndale Avenue South, Minneapolis, 55409. It will be safer, and faster, to use email due to reduced work times because of COVID-19.
1. Is there an organization you know that has been profoundly impacted by the COVID-19 virus and needs financial help to remain viable and of service to others?
2. How do you know about this organization?
3. Have you worked directly with them in any way? Please explain.
4. Please describe the services of this organization, the financial impact from COVID, etc.
5. Please tell us why you personally want to sponsor them for this grant.
6. Please provide their name, address, phone, and Tax ID number if possible.Email your Response!
About the Bethlehem Foundation
The Bethlehem Lutheran Church Foundation was established in 1957 to provide a way for members, friends, and family of Bethlehem Lutheran Church to leave legacy gifts that would benefit the church’s programming, its mission and its outreach to others. The mission of the Foundation is to gather, invest, and disburse financial resources to further the mission and values of Bethlehem Lutheran Church. The Board of Directors establishes and reviews investments and granting policies as part of its work.
Currently, the Foundation awards grants for the following purposes:
- Tuition assistance for Lutheran seminarians
- Special projects that fall outside of the annual church budget
- Church building and equipment needs
- Staff and clergy enrichment
- Outreach beyond the church’s direct mission
Grant Application Deadlines
The Board of Directors of the Bethlehem Lutheran Church Foundation meets four times each year. All applications are due by January 1, April 1, July 1, or October 1 to be included for consideration at the regularly scheduled quarterly meetings.
If your request is from a person or a ministry within Bethlehem Lutheran Church Twin Cities, it must go through a channel of endorsements from a sponsoring committee or organization, then on to the recommendation of the Church Council, before being submitted to the BLC Foundation.
The Church Council generally meets on the 3rd Tuesday of each month; please call the office (612-312-3400) ahead of time to verify the meeting time. Please submit your grant only after the appropriate signatures have been obtained.
When complete, mail the application to:
Bethlehem Lutheran Church Foundation Attn: Grants Review Committee Chair 4100 Lyndale Ave. S. Minneapolis, MN 55409
Applications may also be emailed to [email protected], with one word ”GRANT” in the subject line. If further information is required, you will be contacted by the grant review committee before the meeting.