Current Job Openings
Communications & Design Coordinator
The Communications & Design Coordinator manages the execution of Bethlehem’s marketing, communications and media that support staff and the congregation. This involves working effectively cross-functionally (supporting Care, Adult, Outreach, and Family ministries) as well as cross-media (print and digital channels) to ensure Bethlehem members, visitors, and the public at large are aware of news and events.
Collaborates with: Pastors, Ministry Leaders
Hours: Part-time, 20 hours per week
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Reports to: Marketing & Communications Manager
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the position title in the email subject line. Please include 3 examples of recent work – ideally featuring at least one multi-page layout and social media post.
- Communications are accurate, timely and communicate news and events appropriately to various audiences.
- Drives awareness, participation, and growth in the life of the community, helping to encourage engagement with both new visitors and ongoing member engagement
- Explores and implements creative, effective communications processes and methods to regularly interact with members and new visitors (Newsletter, Website, Email, and Social Media)
- Responsible for the creation of printed and digital communications to support assigned ministry areas (i.e., posters, postcards, pamphlets, website, social media, etc)
- Create documentation for brand standards related to specific print & deliverables
- Respond to phone and email communications in a prompt and professional manner
- Work with internal partners to prioritize and share upcoming events, programs and needs/opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors or Associate degree in marketing, communications, graphic design or other business-related fields
- 1-3 years of communications or marketing experience
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with accuracy and tight deadlines
- Proficient or prior experience with WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with a team
- A heart for service
Reports to: Pastor of Family Ministry
Classification: Hourly, FLSA non-exempt (September – May annually)
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience $15-20 per/hour
Nursery attendants provide quality care and supervision of children 4 years of age and younger during Sunday morning worship and special events.
- Provide age-appropriate care including feeding, changing diapers, escorting children to and from the bathroom, maintaining a safe environment, holding or sitting with and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, music, and play.
- Supervise and ensure the safety of the children within the nursery.
- Maintain the nursery in good order, including straightening and light cleaning. • Interact positively and professionally with children and families.
- Work collaboratively with the Children, Youth and Family team and with volunteers.
- Availability on Sunday mornings with opportunities for additional hours during weekday services or special events
- At least 18 years of age
- Experience in caring for children ages birth to four years of age
- Current certification in First Aid/CPR/AED for infants, children, and adults
- Ability to pass a background check
- Able to kneel and sit on the floor with children, lift and hold infants.
- Loves Jesus and loves kids!
- Welcomes people into the nursery!
- Commitment to health and safety and cleaning procedures
- Seeks to build relationships with kids and their families.