Bethlehem Lutheran Church Twin Cities COVID-19 Response
Over the past few weeks Bethlehem’s staff and congregational leadership has been working hard to develop a plan for a return to in-person worship. We are committed to being a hybrid church. We know that being able to worship at home or at the cabin or on the road has been a huge gift to many of you this past year. We also know that many long to be back in our buildings. We believe that we can do both of these things well. Furthermore, we believe that this is the church God is calling us to become, together. Physical location isn’t a limiting factor to our work as the body of Christ, indeed it never was, but we’ve seen more clearly in this last year just how wide our reach can be. We can be the church across time and space and that’s exciting and holy work. It will be good to be back together, but let us never forget that we were never apart.
Here’s what things will look like:
- Worship will be livestreamed and in-person at 10:15am on Sundays. In-person worship at each campus will be limited to 75 attendees and registration is required. Subscribe to our channel to be notified when we go live.
- We are currently allowing one baptism family to participate in an on-site baptism in either Sanctuary on most Sundays. All baptisms are live-streamed as part of our regular Sunday morning worship. Baptisms are limited to a maximum of 20 people (including the baptism family). Click here for more information.
- If a loved one has passed, small gatherings for onsite funerals are currently happening at Bethlehem for up to 75 people. Social distancing and masking practices will be observed as well. Click here for more information.
- Weddings are currently happening at Bethlehem! Attendance is limited to a maximum of 75 people total, not including Bethlehem professional staff. Social distancing and masking practices will be observed as well. Click here for more information.
BUILDING AND MINISTRY INFORMATION
- Most of the staff are continuing to work remotely and you will be able to contact us via email and phone. If you need access to the building, please make prior arrangements with a staff member. If you need to connect with a pastor in an emergency please call 612.312.3400 and follow the prompts to reach the pastor on call. The Minneapolis campus is open to receive deliveries and mail at the NW door on 41st between 8-3 pm, Monday through Thursday.
- The Care Ministries team continues to connect with & support our members and caregivers who are feeling lonely and isolated during this time. If you are in need of support during this time, know someone who is in need of support, or would like to volunteer to help, please contact Diane Waarvik, Director of Care Ministries. Click here to read weekly messages from the Care Ministry Team.